Depending on your circumstances, there are other issues that arise during and after a custody dispute and divorce.
Some of the more common issues concern:
- Allegations of abuse or neglect
- Constant violations of the parenting plan provisions
- A parent who wishes to move out-of-state
- Grandparent visitation
- Disputes over desired changes in visitation
- A desire to want primary custody
Generally, before the court will grant any modification of a family court order there must be a material change in circumstances. This may be a drastic change in employment status, catastrophic illness, or other event that can affect your child’s safety, welfare or other needs.